Voyager Academy High School Daily Announcements 9/20:
Voyager Bass Assasins and WeWilmRebuild are partering to help with Hurricane Florence Relief in Wilmington, NC. We will be placing boxes at each school where donations can be placed. While WeWilmRebuild is going to focus their effors on the human side, Bass Assasins will focus their efforts of the four legged victims. All donations will be collected throughout the month of September and the Voyager Bass Assassins will deliver them to Nicholas and his crew for distribution. Thank you for your support!
- Did you know that North Carolina is the 10th hungriest state in the nation? Almost 20% of our children face hunger on a regular basis. 18% of our senior citizens struggle with hunger. Backpack Buddies provides local school children from food-insecure homes with healthy weekend meals during the school year. Starting September 17th, the OCS class will have boxes around the school for students to donate food items. We will also collect donated food items during Advisory on Mondays for the next four weeks. The Advisory that collects the most food to donate will receive a Pizza Lunch to thank them for donating. Please contact Amanda Shaw with any questions. Thank you for your help with this worthy cause!
- An admissions representative from Queens University in Charlotte will be on campus on Monday 1:15 during lunch. See Ms. O'Kaine for additional information.
- There will be a Service Club meeting at 8:15 AM in the Commons tomorrow.
- Join the Voyager FCA in a "Diaper Drive" supporting NC Diaper Bank that serves mothers and young children in need. Please bring in any brand of size 5 diapers. There is a donation bin located in the front office. If you would like to join students at the NC Diaper Bank on Saturday, September 29 from 10 am until noon. Please sign up by September 26th in the front office. This is also a great opportunity to gain service hours!
- Ms. Taylor's English I class has designed and will be selling anti-bullying t-shirts as part of their Stand Up Speak Out Campaign. We are selling t-shirts to help raise money for Stand Up Speak Out NC, an organization created to support victims of bullying, teenage domestic violence, and sexual harassment. Flyers have been posted around school if you would like to see the design. Please see Ms. Taylor if you would like to purchase a t-shirt.