September 7: Voyager Academy High School Daily Announcements
- The Cross Country team has their first invitational meet tonight. Both the girls and boys teams will be competing in the Friday Night Lights race in Kernersville. We wish them luck in the start of their season?
- Devan Desai was captain of Duke Football team last weekend! Yes, at the Duke football game against Army last Saturday, Devan was recognized by Duke University for his volunteer service to the Durham community. He was named an Honorary Captain for the football team and was invited down to the field for the opening Coin Toss. Devvan was nominated for this recognition by the Triangle Nonprofit Volunteer and Leadership Center, and his nomination was selected by Duke University's President, Dr. Vincent Prince. Look for pictures and a video of this event in next week's newsletter.
- Anyone interested in joining art club this year needs to see Mrs. Clark-Stover by Tuesday, September 11. Art Club will be holding it's first meeting off campus at the Nasher Museum on Thursday, September 13 and you must be registered for the event if you want to participate. Again, please stop by and see Mrs. Clark-Stover before school, during lunch or after school by Tuesday if you are interested.
- Attention freshmen! Please wear your freshmen orientation t-shirts to school on Monday. Any student who has not received a t-shirt will be provided with one. On Monday during Advisory, all freshmen will meet in the gym for a freshman class photo before breaking into smaller groups to start our Freshmen Anchor Program.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-2019 school year are now on sale at the lowest price of the year, $55. Go to jostensyearbooks.com by the September 28th to reserve a book at this low price.
- There will be a Red Cross Blood drive on September 11, 2018 in the Commons. Sign up at redcross.org with code "Voyager". Contact Jordan King for more information.
- Did you know...the 2017 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (CDC) indicates that, nationwide, 19% if students grades 9-12 report being bullied on school property in the 12 months preceeding the survey. VAHS would like to stand up to bullying, and you can too. This month, help us celebrate "Start with Hello" month here at Voyager. Make sure to take the time to talk to someone new, someone eating alone, or someone that just looks they could use an encouraging word. You never know how much a simple "hello" can change someone's day. Also, make sure to stop by the C hall and leave an inspirational "hello" greeting on the banner.
- Last year we did the refugee drive and the winning grade was the sophmores (now Juniors). We are going to serve pancakes for breakfast for the Juniors. It will be in the commons at 8:15 am to 8:50 am on Tuesday the 11th of September. Sorry for the late prize!