September 6: Voyager Academy High School Daily Announcements
- Attention freshmen! Please wear your freshmen orientation t-shirts to school on Monday. Any student who has not received a t-shirt will be provided with one. On Monday during Advisory, all freshmen will meet in the gym for a freshman class photo before breaking into smaller groups to start our Freshmen Anchor Program.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-2019 school year are now on sale at the lowest price of the year, $55. Go to jostensyearbooks.com by the September 28th to reserve a book at this low price.
- There will be a Red Cross Blood drive on September 11, 2018 in the Commons. Sign up at redcross.org with code "Voyager". Contact Jordan King for more information.
- Did you know...the 2017 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (CDC) indicates that, nationwide, 19% if students grades 9-12 report being bullied on school property in the 12 months preceeding the survey. VAHS would like to stand up to bullying, and you can too. This month, help us celebrate "Start with Hello" month here at Voyager. Make sure to take the time to talk to someone new, someone eating alone, or someone that just looks they could use an encouraging word. You never know how much a simple "hello" can change someone's day. Also, make sure to stop by the C hall and leave an inspirational "hello" greeting on the banner.
- Lacrosse practice has been cancelled today.
- Last year we did the refugee drive and the winning grade was the sophmores (now Juniors). We are going to serve pancakes for breakfast for the Juniors. It will be in the commons at 8:15 am to 8:50 am on Tuesday the 11th of September. Sorry for the late prize!
- Buy a Senior t-shirt to support Bull City Lights! Give $15 cash or check to Jules Woodward, Ms. Dodson, or Ms. Hobgood. Today is the last day.
- The Toyoma Committee of Sister Cities of Durham is pleased to announce a high school delegation trip to Toyoma, Japan during the summer of 2019. Students will be serving as junior ambassadors. During part of the visit, students will be staying with host families assosiated with the Toyoma College of Foreign Languages. To recieve further information and get an application contact Toyoma Committee meber Yuki Temma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join the Voyager FCA in a "Diaper Drive" supporting NC Diaper Bank that serves mothers and young children in need. Please bring in any brand of size 5 diapers. There is a donation bin located in the front office. If you would like to join students at the NC Diaper Bank on Saturday, September 29 from 10 am until noon. Please sign up by September 26th in the front office. This is also a great opportunity to gain service hours!